Recently, Digital Signage Today reported that over $1 billion dollars of advertising have been bought and sold through DOmedia’s marketplace. Eight years ago, we recognized the advancements that Demand Side Platforms (DSP) and Supply Side Platforms (SSP) brought to Internet advertising and set out to introduce a similar tools for the out-of-home market. Reaching $1 billion in transactions represents a major milestone in our journey to change the way OOH media is bought and sold.
One key to our continued success has been close partnerships with OOH vendors and agencies. Check out what Monica Robinson of Lamar Advertising Company had to say:
“In our experience the DOmedia contract is one of the most ‘friendly’ in the business,” says Lamar Advertising Company Director of National Sales, Monica Robinson. “They are laid out in a logical manner and include all the important information needed by our contracting staff.”
You can read the full article here.
The entire DOmedia team works tirelessly to provide valuable solutions to our users. And, though we plan to go much further, reaching $1 billion is sales a great opportunity to look back at how far we have come. Thank you to our industry partners, investors and advisors who have helped us reach this milestone.
1. Paul Lindstrom announces “agnostic” buying tools from Nielsen
Barry Frey, President and CEO at the Digital Place-based Advertising Association, kicked off the summit with some incredible facts, including the news that DPAA is looking to develop programmatic tools for the industry. One of the best moments of the conference introduction, however, came during the Q&A section. Paul Lindstrom, SVP of Custom Research at Nielsen, told the crowd something they knew very well, “brands want to buy video ‘agnostically,’” and followed it up with some very welcome news – Nielsen is developing a data set for cross-platform and cross-network buying. It was a great announcement for the data-hungry industry.
2. Rishad Tobaccowala says network outdoor will be only “mass media”
Rishad Tobaccowala, Chief Strategist of the Publicis Groupe, had enough quotable moments at the Video Everywhere Summit to fill this entire post. But, one prediction was particularly interesting to the DOmedia team. As as digital and traditional media continue to fragment, network outdoor media will soon be the only guaranteed way to broadcast a unified message to large swathes of the population. It was a straightforward deduction, but it set off so many lightbulbs that DPAA organizers actually had to dim the lights in the Broadway Ballroom.
3. Stuart Elliott Reminds Us that Marketing is About Listening
Veteran advertising reporter Stuart Elliott took the future-focused summit back to basics with a reminder that listening to customers is the key to successful marketing. Elliott recounted the recent tribulations of McDonald’s, two years of declining same-store sales, and then highlighted the “insight” that turned the fast-food giant around in late-2015. They gave customers the thing they ask for at 10:31 AM every day at every McDonald’s in America – breakfast.
Today, the DOmedia team is proud to announce version three of our OOH mapping technology: the She’s All That upgrade.
Your maps are still smart and capable, but now they have the looks to match.
Of course, it takes more than an upgraded UI to win Prom Queen. Take note Freddie Prinze, Jr: it’s what’s inside that really counts. That’s why we’ve also made inventory photos available directly within the map. Check out the pics below to see for yourself. Or, scroll past these beautiful screenshots to see what else is new.
Other Improvements for Buyers:
- Drop down menus in contract creation now display the correct number of brands. – 1507
- Tables now receive daily Omega-3s to prevent data loss during client list creation. – 1736
- New! Contract terms can now be assigned by client. – 2017
- In honor of Sweetest Day, users at different companies can now edit maps together. – 2078
- Updating shared maps no longer prevents users from editing idea folders and client location lists. – 1765 & 1766
- Client management screens will now display clients as intended. – 2063
- Removing client location lists from the map will now also remove their radii. – 2035
- Missing ZIP code labels have been found and disciplined. – 1901
- Location radius shading will now be ON by default when using client location lists. – 2040
Other Improvements for Sellers:
- In honor of National Sarcastic Month, Sellers who elect to “receive all notices” totally won’t see all notices on their RFP dashboard. (Just kidding, you will!) – 2074
- Downloading the proposal grid outputs a more streamlined set of fields. – 2039
- Toggling off client locations lists now also removes their radii. – 2061
In a recent article by MediaPost, Nancy Fletcher, President of the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), found that nine of the top 10 product categories in out-of-home (OOH) advertising showed revenue increases in Q2, 2015, despite a decline in overall advertising spending.
The nine product categories are:
- Miscellaneous Services and Amusements
- Retail (image 2 or 4)
- Media & Advertising
- Public Transportation
- Insurance & Real Estate
- Government, politics & Organizations
- Automotive Dealers and Services
As we recently reported, Out-of-home advertising revenue was the only traditional media to see significant growth in Q2. Despite this growth, we believe OOH advertising is still not being used to its full potential because it lacks the targeting and analytics of other types of advertising.
We created DOmedia’s suite of OOH ad-buying tools to ease these burdens for advertisers and brands. Domedia’s mapping capabilities, search functions and integration with the Traffic Audit Bureau help advertisers increase the effectiveness of their out of home advertising buys. Our software helps media vendors by making out-of-home advertising easier to buy, and helps agencies convey its effectiveness to brands. Give us a call at our offices in Columbus, Ohio to learn about our mission to change the way media is bought and sold.
The only thing the DOmedia team loves more than advertising is data. No big surprise, since our product is designed to bring modern data-driven decision making to the OOH market.
When we come across a standout stat, we share it with our users. Today’s “stat snapshot” is a big one for vendors looking to gain more RFPs.
>> Click here to download a copy of this infographic <<
>> Click here to download a copy of this infographic <<
Our client services experts love helping vendors take full advantage of the DOmedia platform. Contact our team today to learn best practices for increasing your profile visibility.